Fire at Kingston’s Mayors home, leaves one injured

A house fire call on Saturday afternoon around 5 p.m. sent Kingston Fire Department officials to the home owned by Kingston City Mayor, Tim Neal.   When they arrived the house on Kelsey Drive was showing smoke coming from the living room portion, and the mayor’s wife Laura Neal, according to the Chief, had jumped out a window to escape the flames. Ms. Neal was taken by ambulance to the Kingston helipad where she was flown to UT Medical Center for treatment of cuts and scrapes after allegedly severing a main artery of the arm from the broken window glass. According to Chief Gordon, she was later released after being treated.  He also stated the fire was started by a lit cigarette which caught a recliner on fire.  Quick response from the fire department allowed for the room in the front portion of the home to see most of the damage however smoke damage was noted throughout the structure.  Chief Gordon wants to thank Harriman Fire Department officials for assisting them by setting up at the landing zone for the incoming LifeStar helicopter.

Tagged ,

Share this post


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Now Playing on BBBTV12

Newsletter Subscribe


Twitter @bbbtv12

News In Pictures

%d bloggers like this: