Toddler OD’s on Suboxone, transported via LifeStar
LifeStar landed at the Roane County Health Department helipad in Rockwood last night around 9 pm to pick up a 15-month-old who apparently was the victim of an overdose. According to Roane Sheriff Jack Stockton, the baby had ingested suboxone in a home on Rhonda Way Street, South of Rockwood and just how the baby obtained the drug is not clear at this time, but the investigation is ongoing. Roane County Ambulance Service was aided by a police escort to meet the awaiting helicopter. According to the sheriff the baby was breathing on its own but remains hospitalized in a Knoxville facility. No word yet on possible charges.